Fit Mom, Healthy Baby: Mango Chia Seed Pudding Jars
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Vegan | Vegetarian | Low Sugar
The ultimate two-fer recipe! These mango chia seed pudding jars are healthy and fiber-packed to fill up both mom and baby. When my daughter Audrey was 7 months old and just getting started with solids - I stumbled upon this as one of her favorite go-to quick breakfasts (that I also happened to enjoy!). Chia seeds are a soft eating seed good for babies (once in liquid overnight) and are a good source of fiber, omega-3, protein, and antioxidants.
With only 4 ingredients and the ability to make the night before to have it ready to go during the morning hustle, this is a weekly staple at our house.
Mango Chia Seed Pudding
Serving: 2 (1 jar for mom | 1 jar for baby)
Prep Time: 10-minutes
Glass mason jars:
Strive to prep and keep you snacks and meals in glass containers. Storing in plastic can leach into you and your baby's foods, especially when heated.
- 1 1/4 cups of unsweetened non-dairy nut milk (almond or coconut)*
- 4 tablespoons of chia seeds**
- 1/2 cup of frozen or fresh mango + 1 tablespoon of water
- 1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract***
A few notes on the ingredients:
- *For the non-dairy nut milk, I prefer Calafia's unsweetened vanilla or the toasted coconut version (no added sugar + no carrageenan).
- **For the chia seeds, I typically use black chia seeds but white chia seeds could work too.
- ***Pure vanilla extract is safe for babies, and a better alternative to sugar and salt to flavor food.
First, let's make the mango purée. Add the fresh mango (or if using frozen mango, simply place out to dethaw before) and 1 tbsp. of water (or more) to a blender and blend until puréed.
For the mom's jar, combine 1 cup of non-dairy nut milk, 3 tablespoons of chia seeds, 1/3 cup of pureed mango , and 1/4 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
For the baby's jars, combine 1/4 cup of non-dairy nut milk, 1 tablespoon of chia seeds, remaining smashed mango, and 1/8 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
Shake up both jars vigorously, then leave in the fridge overnight to enjoy in the morning for a quick go-to breakie (if you can wait that long!).
Hope you enjoy making this easy and quick recipe for you and your babe(s)! Comment below if you have other recipes that are great for the whole family.